This past weekend I met Robin who is a new "Come and See" who lives near Seattle. I now know that I do not want to live near Seattle ... the traffic was horrendous. Anyway the session was a meet and greet. Robin is a charming lady. Because of the distance involved some of the meetings will have to be phone meetings ... especially during winter when Snoqualmie Pass can be chosed for avalanche clearing.
After the meeting I went to Petticoat Junction which is a place for Dance Attire. While there I picked up several videos on line dancing and square dancing. I was looking for someway to continue exercising during the summer.
From there I went on highways 522 and 2 to Leavenworth. The view was absolutely great. Some of the mountains look almost like shear rock. I saw several large falls off in the distance. And there were some small falls next to the side of the road. Also for a good portion of the way there was a river on the right hand side of the road.
I will add pictures to this blog after I transfer from my camera to my computer. While I was in Leavenworth I caught pictures of flowers, etc. - More will be added later. I decided to go to "South" which has Latino food. I ordered "Platanos con Crema" ... which is fried plaintain with sour cream ... very good.
I went on down toward Yakima stopping at one point to call up my friend Sue. Please pray for her as she is in frail health but I think has a good attitude going.
Anyway coming into Yakima around 10 PM once again the view was fantastic ... much to pray for. Also the light had not yet disappeared totally from the sky.
Sunday I went to the Spanish Mass. Padre Rafael is really good!
Today Padre Rafael had the 7 AM Mass and the Bishop read the Gospel.