Greenway and Leavenworth
This past Saturday was busy. I went to Mass, worked briefly on laundry, started playing some tapes on spirituality by Sr. Tessa Bielecki. I found one of my old tapeplayers and used it when I took Sr. Jan's dog Buddy for a walk. He is such a sweet dog. People asked if they can pet him and I said only if you allow him to lick you. Jan says he should be named Whiskey because "He can't hold his licker."
Virginia called me and we made a trip up to Leavenworth, WA. The ride was really neat. For a while you are going through high desert hills with sagebrush and some wildflowers. Around Ellensburg you begin to see some farms. One of the crops you see stored under quonset style roofs is hay. Then you head up north toward the Stewart? range. You begin to see forest lands and snow parks and Blewett Pass. Then down the other side. It is not far to Leavenworth which is an Alpine themed town. It is a tourist village where the artists hang out. We looked for a clock for Virginia and I looked for inexpensive paintings or prints. We had a wonderful German dinner. Looking from one end of the town you can see the "weeping" trees and above them you can see snow on the mountains. Then we headed back home.
During the journey back and forth we listened to Sr. Tessa's tapes. One of them was on spousal prayer.
Then I spent the whole night working on organizing my audio tape collection. I put aside four boxes of various conferences. Then I organized my spiritual tapes and audio books. There are quite a few.
Sunday I picked up Virginia for Mass and I watched "Eight Below" partially. I slept through part of it. I went to bed to take a nap and woke up at about 1:30 AM and went back to sleep waking up at about 7:30 AM.
In His Heart,
Val