Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I have been visiting one of my favorite blogs again. Sr. Laurel pointed out how much different our lives would have been if Jesus had not risen from the dead. I still have a few of my Lenten practices that do not go into effect until Good Friday. Usually I try to read either "The Day Christ Died" by Jim Bishop or excerpts from "A Doctor at Calvary". Another addition to my Holy Week practices has become watching "The Passion of the Christ". I can hardly believe that the film has been out for a little over five years.

MagnifiCAT (AKA "Maggie") and Rocky are now entering their 19th year. Considering their age they are doing very well. Maggie is my Abbey Tabby. I got her at St. Anselm's Abbey in Washington, DC. Rocky on the other hand is from Florida. He was named for Rocky Marciano and is a pugilistic kitty. Very feisty! But he also loves to sit in his mommy's lap. I think his greatest delight is making reading a difficult thing to do. I believe this is part of the law of "hampering".
Need to end my "lunch break" and get back to work.
God bless you all.