Another busy day!
This morning I prayed Office of Readings and Morning Prayer and spent time meditating on the readings of today. I always enjoy the image of the stream flowing from the temple that becomes a mighty river. To me the image is that of grace flowing from the wounded side of Christ.
And then I had to take Candy for her Spring clip. When she comes back tomorrow she will be quite the "foxy" lady. She will look like she had lost 10 or 15 pounds (perhaps she will - she is very shaggy right now). She did not want to go up the stairs from the basement. She loves the basement but her hips have quite a bit of arthritis. But she loves to ride in the car ... it is almost as if she were sitting on the passenger side and saying "Now you go in that direction!"
Today the status meeting ran until 12:30 so I was unable to attend Noon Mass at St. Dominic's. I ate lunch at my desk and perused a House Plan book. I think that in a sense I am a frustrated architect. I like to look at plans and see how they would work with my lifestyle. I look for a washer drier near the master bedroom, a pantry near the kitchen, and a room that would make a good prayer room/chapel. I also look for things that I think are stupid planning. Does the person have to go through the living room/dining room when entering the house with groceries? I can remember several major catastrophes when I was growing up where something that stains badly would fall through a tear in a bag and splatter all over the floor. Fortunately we did not use carpet much in the Canal Zone. But up here? Yech!!
Oh well, getting ready to head for Square Dance Class for the Belair Square Cats. I do angeling there and love it. If you have to exercise you might as well have fun doing it!
I am listening to taped conference by Tessa Bielecki (sp?) on Spousal Prayer. I believe the title is "A Passion for God" but I could be wrong ... look up "spousal prayer" on Google with advanced search using the phrase and you will find it. It is well worth ordering, especiialy if you like St. Teresa of Avila or St. John of the Cross.
In the Heart of my Spouse,
Val