OR, Med, MP
Now an explanation of the abbreviations above: I am doing this as an accountability issue. Sometimes I get lazy and so I want to know if I have prayed various parts of the Liturgy of the Hours, etc.
This morning's Office of Readings has a 2nd reading dealing with being a shepherd. One point was that we are all to be shepherds and that we are not to look on anyone as lost or beyond hope. While I was reading the image came to me from a painting I had seen one time. It portrays Jesus as a shepherd who is leaning down a steep mountain side rescuing a sheep.
In my meditation on the readings from the Mass what I get is "pray". Somewhere I read "You do not receive because you do not ask."
And once again during Morning Prayer I came across one of my favorite psalm texts. Consecrated persons especially take note:
My heart is ready, O God,
my heart is ready.
I will sing, I will sing your praise.
Awake, my soul,
awake, lyre and harp,
I will awake the dawn.
Going to work ...
In the Heart of my Spouse,
Val