Monday, March 22, 2004

This past weekend was very busy. I did get around to Evening Prayer but NP was a bust. I got back home from the WASCA festival at about 12:30 PM ... and did not wake up again until 9:00 AM. I ran over to the Church and joined the group for fellowship after the communion service which I missed ... Deacon Dick is extremely fast. Afterwards I went to breakfast with Adrian. If it is pretty this coming Saturday we will head out to Downs Park for a walk and "picnic". Then I went home for a short while before going to be lector at St. Joseph's followed by heading out to WASCA again. This time I stayed for what is known as Diehard Mainstream. This is almost continual dancing for almost a full hour. Lot's of fun. Yesterday I slept almost to noon before getting up and preparing to go to Washington to sing at a Gregorian Chant Mass at St. Anselm's Abbey at 4:00. Some of the schola members sat around and just chatted for a while afterwards.

On the way home I decided to go to see "The Passion of the Christ" again. This time I went with a more prayerful attitude. Right before seeing it I reached into the pocket of my jacket and found my finger rosary. So during the whole movie I prayed "My Spouse, my Beloved" on the Hail Marys. It hit me much more strongly ... This is how much my Spouse loves us ... he allowed all of this to happen to Him out of love for us. On the Our Fathers I was not as consistent. Frequently I just kissed the Cross. "Father, forgive them they know not what they do." How often I mess up on the little things!

When I was leaving the theater I must have looked very preoccupied. Anyway one of the Mall security officers asked if I was OK. I shared that I had just seen the Passion. He said "At least you survived it!". He shared that someone had a heart attack watching it last week. I don't know the outcome but do warn people that this movie needs to be seen with care as to suitability for the individual. I just hope that if the person did die that he/she died with repentance and love for Our Lord.

This morning I woke up late. But at work the first thing I did was create the CD with all the data for all the states. And arranged for one of my next tasks. This is being done during lunch time and I have to quit now so I can grab something to eat at my desk.

In the Heart of my Spouse,
Val

"Love makes the lover like unto the Beloved."