OR, Med, MP
This morning's Office of Readings (the giving of the Our Father was the Gospel today) had a reflection on the Our Father by St. Cyprian in which he said: "God willed that many things should be said by the prophets his servants, and listened to by his people. How much greater are the things spoken by the Son." Today would be a good day to sing the Our Father in the Liturgy, both at the Mass and in the Office. It would also be a good day to take the prayer and reflect on it a word or phrase at a time. Magnificat also has a meditation from St. Peter Chrysologus. He says among other things, "May our hearts perceive God as our Father!" Personally I find that having a copy of Magnificat is a great aid to meditation.
Also this morning I was thinking about how stubborn Pharoah was in letting the Israelites go. Now stubborn is something I truly understand. How many times I don't want to hear or try new things! I am at an age where I have to continually stretch or be stretched in order to keep on working. These days I am concentrating on what it takes to build a website ... I am pretty much a beginner in this area. Databases I understand, websites with graphics ... a bit more difficult.
Today I had to work through the Noon Mass so I am having a brief late lunch and am writing. I hope to get to Mass later this afternoon at the Shrine.
One of these days I would like to share with you all one of the most beautiful areas of the world... Panama. I am a 2nd Generation Canal Zone Brat actually born in Panama City and lived in just about every townsite in the Canal Zone. One of my greatest joys was going to El Valle de Anton in the mountains of Panama. Bellisima!
In the Heart of my Spouse,
Val