Monday, March 01, 2004

What a weekend! Carolyn and I went to a 10:15 PM showing of "The Passion of the Christ" on Friday. Like many other people the reaction was that of speechlessness when the movie finished. So what kind of reactions did we have? My reaction is that I have got to have this movie on DVD. Then it can join "The Day Christ Died" and "A Doctor at Calvary" as part of my Lenten "Reading". And her reaction was that she would not be able to preach on it for a long while.

Saturday I had my first session with a new spiritual director. The thing I am to concentrate on for a while is listening to the Lord. My main prayer practices are focused on the Liturgy. I pray the Liturgy of the Hours and my morning meditation is generally on the readings for the day. Carolyn came along to spend some time at the place. After direction we went for a walk around the place. I love ponds with falls.

That evening I went square dancing in Bowie. Square dancing is exercise that I can enjoy and Hal Barnes is a very good caller with very interesting choreography. While there Virgil Forbes birthday was announced. And we retrieved our Banner and Virgil's blue hat.

Then yesterday I kind of "chilled out" all morning and went to Mass at St. Mary's in Annapolis in the evening. There was a guest Gospel Choir there last night. They were quite good ... again the message came. Listen!!

Today it was back to the grindy crunch. I have three tasks involving the same piece of software ... and I want to take care all three tasks at the same time ... and implement them all together. This evening I did a lot of housework. I emptied out the refrigerator and cleaned all but the vegetable bin. Took the garbage out and cleaned a lot of storage containers. So on Friday I can claim a minor victory in the Good Housekeeping Accountability Session. (I am a GP - Great Procrastinator!)

Today - OR, Med and listening (I hope), MP, DP, Mass, EP, NP
What hit me from the 1st Rdg. was "Cherish no grudge ..." How many times I have done just that! In the Gospel Reading what struck me was the reflection of what I call Blessed Mother Teresa's 5 finger sermon. She would point to each of her fingers and say "You - did - it - to - me." Either by commission or omission we did it to Christ. I remember sitting with a group of Lay Missionaries of Charity in the Anacostia section of Washington and listening to Sr. Nirmala (Mother's successor) talking on the subject.

In the Heart of my Spouse,
Val