Saturday, March 06, 2004

Here it is another morning ... woke up late.

Today instead of the Saturday Communion Service at 9:00 am there will be a Funeral Mass at 10:00 am. I miss the sense of community that the Communion Service has. I wonder who we lost now? Things have been rather rough in the last few months. But one thing ... a Funeral makes us realize that we are not here forever. Are we ready to meet the Lord? Since Funeral Masses have their own readings I will take time to meditate on today' Lenten reading.

My companion cat "MagnifiCAT" is staring at me. She probably wants something and is trying to send me messages that I am too dense or too lazy to understand. I truly love the old girl. This spring she is 14 years old and for her age she is doing remarkably well. She finally curled up and is taking a nap. Her only fault is that she hates the youngest cat. He is extremely large and is very intimidating to her. He weighs in at a little over 20 pounds but based on his shape he is not too fat. His name is Shadow and he does follow me around. To give Maggie (aka MagnifiCAT) some peace he is excluded from the bedroom where miss Maggie is the chief bratty cat.

My computer is set up in the bedroom so that I am encouraged to check eMail etcetera. Out of sight, out of mind. It is 8:00 am now and I now need to take some prayer time before the Mass. Hasta luego!

In the Heart of my Spouse,
Val